The exercises we’ve been doing in class simplified the walk cycle task and helped a lot. Since we looked at individual body parts performing different actions, I was able to picture the whole body movement with ease and transfer the knowledge from tutorials into my approach. That being said, the task still presented some difficulties. Having followed many 2D instructions, I discovered that my model didn’t look natural.
One of the issues I had was too much follow through movement on the arms and shoulders.
I was able to correct these issues using the graph editor by deleting keys and smoothing curves.
The main thing I’ve learnt from this task was that subtlety of movement is more effective at looking natural than ample, quick strikes.