Using the ambient occlusion and the wireframe shaders in preparation for the final renders, I was able to find an impressive number of small errors in my own models. I believe I should have done this at an earlier stage in the project in order to avoid last minute rush, which is what eventually happened.
For future reference, I will try to get my models double checked by other team members and do the same in return so that any errors can be detected and dealt with early enough to not interfere with other stages of the project.
While looking for inspiration to help me start modelling, I came across a very interesting 3D piece of work on ArtStation from an artist called Triston Beadle. His version of an industrial train station aided me in the process of making our own building structurally stable while creating a believable, busy scene.
Since the style is similar to what we were aiming for, I was grateful to have such a great reference point. Starting from there, it was easy to find tutorials for modelling the things I couldn’t figure out on my own. Knowing what the end product was supposed to look like made it a lot easier.
Beadle, T. (2017). Industrial train station. [3D Modelling] https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QkVB8.
Made a quick model of a clock that could be hung in the dome part of the train station if we decide we need one there.
Starting to put all my assets together in preparation for rendering. These pictures are just previews I took in order to help us start organising our scene.
I changed the transition between the platforms to a dome like atrium because I thought it worked better in that space. It was difficult to accommodate this new shape into the existing structure but in the end, I believe the space has a better flow to it.