Inspiring drawing styles and compositions from an old book of postcards.
While rummaging around the library in search of inspiration, I came across a big book full of Antonio Gaudi’s work. It looked like it’s gonna come in handy when we start modelling buildings so Beata and I browsed it thoroughly.
Because as a group we are still struggling to find that one good design to go with, trying to balance this with the other projects has been a nightmare. I started looking at common designs of tiles, ceramics and arches in the architecture of Barcelona, looking for something to inspire us with some fresh ideas.
“In 1906, five models of panot were standardised: the flower, skull, concentric circles, four tablets with four circles and, lastly, the tile with four tablets; the tile most commonly seen on the streets of Barcelona. Nowadays, even though many other types of tiles are used, such as those made of granite or concrete, of the panots used at the beginning of last century the only ones laid today are the flower and four-tablet versions, both considered to be the historic panot tiles and the most functional ones. In fact, panot paving takes up a space of about 5,000,000 m2 of the ground in Barcelona.”
- The name of Barcino has a Carthaginian origin. Later the romans used the same name. Origins of Barcelona
- Languages spoken Catalan Spanish
- Population in 2008 was 1,615908
- Underground Taxi Bicing BUS Transports Tram L1,L2,L3,L4,L5,L11. T1,T2,T3,T4 T5,T6 Cycleway Since L6 until L156 and LPM
- The ‘’ Ramblas ’’ is a famous street in the center of Barcelona “ Palau Reial” It was built by Guillermo Carbonell. It is in the “Plaza del Rey” “ Plaça Reial” the architect was Francesc Daniel Molina. It is Ciutat Vella near Las Ramblas. The historic center
- Famous Buildings , monuments and sites in the city. Casa Batlló The Sacred Family Church Cam p Nou Agbar Tow er Park Güell
- Designed by the architect Antoni Gaudí. It’s in a Modernist style. Park Güell Transports: Underground: L3 Bus: 74,34
- You can visit Casa Batlló by the architect Antoni Gaudí in ‘Passeig de Gràcia’. It is one of the most beautiful art noveau buildings in the city.
- Between Padilla street and Sagrada Familia Square there’s a church by Antoni Gaudí. It is the most famous church of art noveau.
- Camp Nou is the football Club Barcelona Stadium, it holds 100.000 people. Architect: Francesc Mitjans.
- The Agbar tower belongs to ‘Aigües de Barcelona Company’
Blog de Barcelona. Tenim punts en comú. (2017). Panot, a symbol of Barcelona. [online] Available at: http://lameva.barcelona.cat/barcelonablog/barcelonapeople-en/panot-a-symbol-of-barcelona?lang=en [Accessed 14 Feb. 2017].
Spanish Trails. (2017). Walking on Art: the history behind Barcelona’s tiles – Spanish Trails. [online] Available at: http://spanish-trails.com/walking-on-art-the-history-behind-barcelonas-tiles/ [Accessed 14 Feb. 2017].